Due to the Turkish military operation in Syria, there is a demand for the opening of a safe humanitarian corridor in northern Syria to evacuate civilians and help the wounded.
To the extent that smoke is rising as a result of the fighting in northern Syria, the humanitarian situation is declining to bad levels, a few days after the Turkish invasion of Kurdish areas.
The fighting caused the displacement of 160 thousand, as announced by the United Nations, while other sources talked about the displacement of more than 300 thousand.
The health sector is also affected in the battle zone, amid a severe shortage of medicines and medical supplies.
The area of Ras al-Ain, which is the center of confrontations between the Turks and the pro-Syrian opposition factions on the one hand, and the SDF on the other hand, suffer from medical teams are severely besieged, prompting the Kurdish administration to request the opening of a humanitarian corridor to evacuate civilians and help the wounded.
The outcome of the clashes so far is that dozens of people have been killed and hundreds of wounded.
The US Secretary of Defense, Mark Esper, said on Saturday that the ceasefire in northeastern Syria is generally coherent.
Esper told reporters on his way to the Middle East that all 1,000 troops withdrawing from northern Syria are expected to move to western Iraq to continue the campaign against ISIS and “to help defend Iraq.”
“The American withdrawal is well underway in northeastern Syria. We are talking about weeks, not days,” he said.
He added that “the current plan is to re-station those forces in western Iraq,” which he said numbered about one thousand personnel.